Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The overall goal of this online tutorial is to help healthcare professionals recognize depression and understand its impact on clients and families. A major focus of the tutorial is on ways in which members of the healthcare team can facilitate treatment of the disorder and help clients return to a state of wellness.
This tutorial was designed for healthcare professionals in any specialty area who work with clients experiencing depression. It can be used by students in nursing educational programs, nurses in refresher courses, continuing education, and in-service programs, or by nurses in clinical practice who wish to update their knowledge of this disorder.
The content is divided into seven modules as follows:
- Module 1: Definition, Types, and Incidence
- Module 2: Risk Factors for Depression
- Module 3: Possible Causes of Depression
- Module 4: Diagnosing Depression
- Module 5: Treatment Interventions
- Module 6: Client Care Considerations
- Module 7: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Define depression.
- Discuss the incidence of depression.
- Recognize the risk factors for depression.
- Discuss possible causes of depression.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of depression.
- Identify specific criteria used for the diagnosis of depression.
- Describe treatment interventions for depression.
- List commonly prescribed drugs in the four different classifications of antidepressants: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclics (TCAs), monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), and atypical/novel antidepressants.
- Give examples of commonly prescribed drugs in the four different classifications of antidepressants.
- Identify client care considerations related to each of the four classifications of antidepressants.
- Identify specific nursing implications related to drug therapy.
- Recognize important client care considerations for all members of the healthcare team.
- Describe the role of the nurse in promoting wellness in clients with depression.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)