Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The overall goal of this online tutorial is to help healthcare professionals recognize this disorder and understand its impact on clients and families. A major focus of the tutorial is on ways in which members of the healthcare team can facilitate treatment of the disorder and help clients return to a state of wellness.
This tutorial was designed for healthcare professionals in any specialty area who work with clients experiencing this disorder. It can be used by students in nursing educational programs, nurses in refresher courses, continuing education, and in-service programs, or by nurses in clinical practice who wish to update their knowledge of this disorder.
The content is divided into seven modules as follows:
- Module 1: Definition of Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Module 2: Incidence and Prevalence of GAD
- Module 3: Possible Causes of GAD
- Module 4: Diagnosing Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Module 5: Treatment Interventions for GAD
- Module 6: Client Care Considerations and Nursing Implications
- Module 7: Test Bank for GAD
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Define generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).
- Discuss the incidence, prevalence, and course of GAD.
- Identify risk factors for GAD.
- Review theories about the causes of GAD.
- Discuss the signs and symptoms of GAD.
- Identify criteria for the diagnosis of GAD.
- Describe treatment interventions for GAD.
- Discuss commonly prescribed drugs for GAD.
- Differentiate between the drugs used to treat GAD.
- List examples of benzodiazepines used for the treatment of GAD.
- Discuss the goals and facets of psychotherapy.
- Describe complementary therapies that may be suggested for the client with GAD.
- Identify client care considerations for healthcare professionals assisting clients to achieve an optimal state of functioning and wellness.
- Using the nursing process, describe the role of the nurse in the care of the client with GAD.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)