Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The goal of this online tutorial is to help healthcare professionals recognize this complex disorder, understand its impact on clients and their families, and learn about the most common treatment interventions that reduce suffering, promote wellness, and facilitate daily functioning in clients. In addition, using a nursing process approach, the tutorial summarizes important implications for nursing practice.
This tutorial was designed for healthcare professionals in any specialty area who work with clients experiencing this disorder. It can be used by students in nursing educational programs; nurses in refresher courses, continuing education, and in-service programs; or by nurses in clinical practice who wish to update their knowledge of this disorder.
The content is divided into eight modules as follows:
- Module 1: Definition of Schizophrenia
- Module 2: Incidence, Prevalence, and Course
- Module 3: Risk Factors for Schizophrenia
- Module 4: Possible Causes of Schizophrenia
- Module 5: Diagnosing Schizophrenia
- Module 6: Treatment Interventions for Schizophrenia
- Module 7: Client Care Considerations and Nursing Implications
- Module 8: Test Bank for Schizophrenia
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Define schizophrenia.
- Discuss the incidence, prevalence, and course of schizophrenia.
- Identify risk factors for schizophrenia.
- Review theories that propose possible causes of schizophrenia.
- Discuss the signs and symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Identify criteria for the diagnosis of schizophrenia.
- Describe treatment interventions for schizophrenia.
- Discuss commonly prescribed drugs for schizophrenia.
- Differentiate between the typical and atypical antipsychotic drugs.
- List examples of typical and atypical antipsychotic drugs.
- Identify nursing implications related to the drugs prescribed for schizophrenia.
- Describe complementary therapies that may be suggested for the client with schizophrenia.
- Identify client care considerations for healthcare professions assisting clients to achieve an optimal state of functioning and wellness.
- Using the nursing process, describe the role of the nurse in the care of the client with schizophrenia.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)