Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The primary goal of this tutorial is to provide users with valuable information about the drugs currently being used to promote mental/emotional wellness. A major emphasis is placed on nursing implications and client safety.
The tutorial is extensive and is divided into eight modules. The first six modules are instructional units. The seventh is a game that reviews all of the practice items in the tutorial. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Introductory Concepts
- Module 2: Antidepressant Drugs
- Module 3: Antianxiety Drugs
- Module 4: Antimanic Drugs
- Module 5: Antipsychotic Drugs
- Module 6: Nursing Implications
- Module 7: Game - Tree of Wisdom
- Module 8: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructors can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the conclusion of this tutorial, the learner should be able to:
- Define common mental health disorders and discuss their incidence and prevalence.
- Describe the roles of prescriber and client as related to psychotherapeutic drug therapy.
- List nursing interventions that will help increase a client's compliance with a psychotherapeutic drug regimen.
- Explain how the different categories of psychotherapeutic drugs create their effects.
- List commonly prescribed drugs from each of the following drug categories: antianxieties, antidepressants, antimanics, and antipsychotics.
- List nursing interventions related to the psychotherapeutic drugs that would help keep clients safe and free from harm.
- For each drug discussed in the tutorial, list information that would be important for the client to know and understand.
- List important client care implications for all healthcare professionals related to the use of the psychotherapeutic drugs for clients.
- Using the nursing process, discuss the role of the nurse in the use of the psychotherapeutic drugs for clients experiencing mental/emotional health disorders.
- State important aspects of client/family teaching that should be covered by a nurse working with a client who has been prescribed a psychotherapeutic drug.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)