Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
This tutorial is highly interactive and teaches the basic concepts of dosage calculations using a dimensional analysis approach. Its major intent is to turn a generally high anxiety-producing learning situation into one that is easy, pleasant, and fun. It covers simple problems such as calculating oral medication dosages to very complex problems involving intravenous drips based on body weight. This version eliminates the apothecary system.
The tutorial is intended for:
- The initial learning of dosage calculations by students at all levels of nursing education.
- Remediation for students needing additional practice or review.
- Review by nurses in refresher, continuing education, and in-service programs.
- Nurses in clinical practice who wish to update or improve these critical skills.
The tutorial begins with an overview of the basic concepts of dimensional analysis and how this process can be applied to solving dosage calculation problems. The next three modules apply this process to specific problems. The final module is a test bank that covers problems similar to those in Modules 2, 3, and 4.
The content is divided into five modules as follows:
- Module 1: The Basics of Dimensional Analysis
- Module 2: Oral and Injectable Medication Problems
- Module 3: Intravenous Infusion Problems
- Module 4: Problems Based on Body Weight
- Module 5: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Describe the steps used in the dimensional analysis approach for solving dosage calculation problems.
- Identify appropriate conversion factors needed to solve specific drug calculation problems.
- Set up problems using the dimensional analysis method.
- Solve oral and injectable medication problems using dimensional analysis.
- Solve intravenous infusion problems using dimensional analysis.
- Use dimensional analysis to solve problems involving ordered amounts of medications and intravenous fluids based on body weight.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)