Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
Cardiovascular disease is the number one cause of death in the United States. Indeed, cardiovascular disease is responsible for nearly 40% of the deaths occurring annually in this country. Nurses and other healthcare professionals must demonstrate knowledge of the anatomy, physiology, normalities, and abnormalities of the cardiovascular system in order to help combat its devastating effects.
The purpose of this online tutorial is to help nurses accurately assess the cardiac system, identify normal findings, and recognize abnormal findings. This online tutorial is intended for students and practitioners of the nursing profession who wish to learn more about the anatomy and physiology of the cardiac system. The tutorial also includes important aspects of patient assessment and nursing interventions as related to this vital body system.
The tutorial is divided into six modules. The first four modules are instructional units. The fifty module is a game to help learners evaluate their knowledge of the anatomical structures of the cardiovascular system. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Anatomy of the Cardiac System
- Module 2: Physiology of the Cardiac System
- Module 3: Assessment: Normal Findings and Nursing Implications
- Module 4: Assessment: Abnormal Findings and Nursing Implications
- Module 5: The Name Game
- Module 6: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Identify the anatomical components of the cardiac system and related structures.
- Describe the physiology of the cardiac system.
- Identify normal cardiac assessment findings.
- Recognize abnormal cardiac assessment findings.
- Identify possible causes for abnormal cardiac findings.
- Discuss nursing implications related to cardiac assessment..
- Identify important topics that need to be included in patient/family education.
- Integrate knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology into the development of a plan of care that will achieve desired patient outcomes.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)