Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The overall goal of this tutorial is to help nurses acquire basic physical assessment skills and then be able to conduct a basic head-to-toe patient assessment in less than twenty minutes.
This tutorial was designed for nursing students who are new to the process of physical assessment. In addition, it can be used by nurses in refresher courses, continuing education, and in-service programs, or by nurses in clinical practice who wish to update their knowledge and skills related to a basic head to toe patient assessment.
The tutorial is divided into nine modules. The first seven are instructional units. The eighth module is a game to help users review the content of the tutorial. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Obtaining an Accurate Health History
- Module 2: Skills, Vital Signs, Movement, Gait, and Coordination
- Module 3: Assessment of the Skin, Nails, Hair, and Scalp
- Module 4: Assessment of the Head and Neck
- Module 5: Assessment of the Chest, Back, and Upper Extremities
- Module 6: Assessment of the Abdomen and Lower Extremities, Genitourinary and Rectal Examinations
- Module 7: Documentation Tips
- Module 8: Head to Toe Quiz Show - A Practice Activity
- Module 9: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructors can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Describe ways to develop patient rapport prior to conducting a basic head to toe assessment.
- Describe ways to effectively communicate with a patient during a physical assessment.
- Describe ways to obtain an accurate health history.
- Identify effective observation techniques when performing physical assessment.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings when inspecting a patient during physical assessment.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings when performing auscultation during physical assessment.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings when performing palpation during physical assessment.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal findings when performing percussion during physical assessment.
- Discuss the documentation process for recording data collected in head to toe patient assessment.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)