Return To Products
Online Tutorial Details:
The overall goal of this program is to help nurses recognize and intervene when patients exhibit signs and symptoms of an acid-base imbalance. This online tutorial is intended for both students and practicing nurses who wish to improve their ability to recognize an acid-base imbalance and initiate interventions to help their patients return to a state of optimal wellness.
The tutorial is divided into seven modules. The first five are instructional units. The sixth module is a crossword puzzle to help users review the content of the tutorial in a fun and interactive way. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Definitions
- Module 2: Acid-Base Regulation
- Module 3: Analyzing Arterial Blood Gases
- Module 4: Respiratory Acidosis & Alkalosis
- Module 5: Metabolic Acidosis & Alkalosis
- Module 6: Acid-Base Crossword Puzzle
- Module 7: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Define terms important to the comprehension of acid-base balance and imbalance.
- Explain how the body regulates acid-base balance.
- Evaluate ABG (arterial blood gas) results.
- Recognize specific acid-base imbalances.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of specific acid-base imbalances.
- Identify interventions for the correction of acid-base imbalances.
- Incorporate appropriate patient/family teaching into the patient’s plan of care.
Evaluate it before you buy!
Preview this complete online tutorial and its tests for free! Just order the 30-Day Free Evaluation in the Products area of our website. With this free evaluation, you can see if this online tutorial meets the learning needs of your students.
License and Pricing:
The purchase price includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of one year. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)