Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The overall learning goal of this tutorial is to help nurses accurately assess the gastrointestinal (GI) system, identify normal findings, and recognize abnormal findings. Increased knowledge of the anatomy, physiology, and assessment of the GI system will help nurses keep their patients' major body systems functioning at their highest level.
This online tutorial is intended for students and practitioners of the nursing profession who wish to learn more about the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal system. The tutorial also includes important aspects of patient assessment and nursing interventions as related to this vital body system.
The tutorial is divided into eight modules. The first six modules are instructional units. The seventh module is a crossword puzzle that will help users review the content of the tutorial in a fun and interactive way. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: Anatomy and Physiology: Alimentary Canal
- Module 3: Anatomy and Physiology: Accessory GI Organs
- Module 4: Physical Assessment: Obtaining a Health History
- Module 5: Physical Assessment: Inspection, Auscultation, Percussion, and Palpation
- Module 6: Review of Common Abnormal GI Assessment Findings
- Module 7: Gastrointestinal Crossword Puzzle
- Module 8: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Identify the anatomical components of the gastrointestinal system.
- Describe the physiological functions of the components of the gastrointestinal system.
- Obtain a comprehensive patient health history.
- Assess the patient’s gastrointestinal system.
- Identify common abnormalities of the gastrointestinal system.
- Develop a plan of care to help a patient with a gastrointestinal disorder return to a maximum state of wellness.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)