Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
This online tutorial teaches critical skills related to the safe administration of medications to patients. It discusses the six rights of medication administration and focuses on the importance of nurses observing these rights in order to keep their patients from drug-induced harm. In addition, the program describes situations in which the risk for error is high and offers suggestions to help nurses avoid making medication errors.
This online tutorial contains five modules. The first and third modules are instructional units. The second and fourth modules are application modules, and the final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Safe Administration and What Can Go Wrong
- Module 2: Identify the Medication Error: A Practice Activity
- Module 3: Ten Steps to Medication Safety
- Module 4: Was an Error Made? You Make the Call!
- Module 5: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Identify the eight rights of drug administration.
- Identify pertinent drug knowledge necessary for the safe administration of medications.
- Identify pertinent patient information necessary for the safe administration of medications.
- Identify abbreviations currently included on The Joint Commission's "Do Not Use" list.
- Describe the process of medication reconciliation.
- Analyze clinical situations to determine if one of the eight rights of medication administration has been violated.
- List ten steps that nurses can take to assure medication safety and keep their patients safe from drug-induced harm.
- Analyze clinical situations to determine if a medication error has occurred.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)