Return To Products
Online Tutorial Details:
This online tutorial assists students and practicing nurses learn the differences between acute care nursing and nursing in a home setting. In addition, the program discusses problem solving strategies and intellectual skills nurses commonly use in patient care and how these strategies may be used in home care situations. The content is ideal for preparing your students for a home health nursing rotation.
The online tutorial contains five modules. Modules 1, 2 and 4 are instructional units, the third is a practice activity, and the final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Differences in Nursing Practice in the Home Versus a Hospital Setting
- Module 2: Problem Solving Theory Applied to Home Health Nursing
- Module 3: Home Care Scenarios: A Practice Activity
- Module 4: Competencies Home Health Care Nurses Need to Develop
- Module 5: Test Bank
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Discuss four ways in which the work environment in the home is different from that of an acute care setting.
- Discuss five ways in which the role of the nurse differs in home care from the role of the nurse in the hospital.
- Explain three ways in which patient care differs in the home from care in the hospital.
- Describe five problem solving strategies used in home health nursing.
- Describe four intellectual skills used in home health nursing.
- Apply critical thinking skills and home care theory to two patient scenarios.
- Describe seven types of competency skills that home health care nurses must possess.
Evaluate it before you buy!
Preview this complete online tutorial and its tests for free! You can order the 30-Day Free Evaluation in the Products area of our website. With this free evaluation, you can see if this online tutorial meets the learning needs of your students.
License and Pricing:
The purchase price includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of one year. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)