Return To Products
Online Tutorial Details:
The learning goal of this online tutorial is to help healthcare professionals recognize elder abuse and intervene effectively to prevent the occurrences of such abuse. The intended audience is current or future healthcare professionals who work with or will be working with elderly patients.
The tutorial is divided into nine modules. The first seven modules are instructional units. The eighth module is a drag and drop activity to help users review the content of the tutorial in a fun and interactive way. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Definition
- Module 2: Incidence of Elder Abuse
- Module 3: Characteristics of the Victims of Elder Abuse
- Module 4: Characteristics of the Elder Abuser
- Module 5: Recognizing the Signs and Symptoms
- Module 6: Responsibilities of Healthcare Professionals
- Module 7: Stopping/Preventing Elder Abuse
- Module 8: Practice Activity: Identify Types of Abuse
- Module 9: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Define elder abuse.
- Discuss the incidence of elder abuse.
- Identify characteristics of the victims of elder abuse.
- Identify characteristics of the elder abuser.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of elder abuse.
- Explain the responsibilities of healthcare professionals if elder abuse is suspected.
- Discuss strategies to stop and/or prevent elder abuse.
Evaluate it before you buy!
Preview this complete online tutorial and its tests for free! Just order the 30-Day Free Evaluation in the Products area of our website. With this free evaluation, you can see if this online tutorial meets the learning needs of your students.
License and Pricing:
The purchase price includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of one year. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)