Return To Products
Online Tutorial Details:
This program is designed to help students of the healthcare professions learn basic concepts and principles related to the field of pharmacology. The content is ideal for introducing nursing students to pharmacology and the administration of drugs. It will help prepare students for learning the procedures and skills necessary for the safe administration of medications to patients. In addition, it can be used by current practitioners of the nursing profession to review of these important concepts.
The tutorial is divided into five modules. The first four are instructional units. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Introductory Concepts
- Module 2: Drug Facts
- Module 3: Principles of Drug Action
- Module 4: Responses to Drugs
- Module 5: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructors can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
After completing the online tutorial, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the various members of the health care team in maintaining patient safety during drug therapy.
- Define common terms related to pharmacology and drug therapy.
- Discuss relevant historical, legal, and ethical issues related to pharmacology and drug therapy.
- Describe the process through which a drug must go as it is being developed and tested for safety.
- Describe basic facts about drugs such as names, sources, classification systems, preparations, and routes of administration.
- Describe the three phases of drug action in the body: the pharmaceutical phase, the pharmacokinetic phase, and the pharmacotherapeutic phase.
- Describe the four physiological processes that occur during the pharmacokinetic phase of drug activity.
- Explain three theories of how drugs act on cells and tissues of the body.
- Describe three concepts related to drug activity in the body: half-life, drug concentration curve, and first-pass effect.
- Discuss the various types of responses that individuals may have to drugs.
- Describe eight factors that affect an individual's response to drugs.
- Describe various drug interactions: drug-drug, drug-food, and drug-fluid.
- Define drug-drug incompatibility and give examples.
- Describe developmental factors that nurses must consider when administering drugs to patients of varying ages.
Evaluate it before you buy!
Preview this complete online tutorial and its tests for free! Just order the 30 Day Free Evaluation in the Products area of our website. With this free evaluation, you can see if this online tutorial meets the learning needs of your students.
License and Pricing:
The purchase price includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of one year. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)