( Technical Support
Help to solve your problem is on the way...
Many times, problems with using EDGT Online Tutorials are due to the particular browser you are using, or certain browser configurations. The browser check utility featured here will quickly determine if your browser meets the minimum settings needed to properly view and use the EDGT website. In the event your browser does not meet our requirements, you will be provided with step-by-step instructions on how to change your settings or make the necessary adjustments. In some cases, there is an instructional video which will step you through the process.
1-888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
Our office hours are 9am to 4pm Central Time, Monday through Friday.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are solutions to common problems experienced by EDGT users. Before contacting EDGT for support, please see if a solution to your problem already exists in our knowledge base.
- Your website has changed. What's new?
In addition to updating the look and feel of our website, we have incorporated many new features that our users have been asking for. The best way to experience the changes would be to log into your account and look around!
- Is access to EDGT Online a one-time fee, or subscription based?
When a school purchases access to a tutorial, they are given 1 year of access. When this 1-year period is up, they can renew their access and can purchase up to a 3-year extension.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept purchase orders, credit card payments, or we can invoice you and you can send us a check.
- We wish to use EDGT Online at our institution. How many users can we have?
We do not have any current limit on the number of users for an institution.
- Can we make EDGT Online available in our institution's library?
Yes, your students can use any computer which is connected to the Internet. This would include devices at home or at school or any other location where their computer or IPAD can connect to the Internet.
- What are the limits of the software license?
We do limit use of the tutorial to instructors and students located at the site (campus) of purchase. Additional campuses can purchase initial access to the tutorials at half price.
- How do I find out my username and password if I have forgotten it?
Click on "Forgot Your Password" in the log-in box and it will prompt you to enter your username and/or e-mail address along with your zip code. We will send your log-in information to the e-mail address we have on file for you. You can also e-mail us at "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please include in the e-mail your last name, first name, and school. This will help us to locate your information.
- When you launched your new website, we lost access to the EDGT Online tutorials we previously purchased. How do we fix this?
Send an e-mail to "email@example.com" and we will make sure your access to the EDGT website is restored.
- Our access to EDGT Online has expired and we didn't renew. Can we renew at the renewal rate, or do we have to repurchase at the full price?
Yes, even if your tutorials and tests have expired, you can renew at the renewal rate as long as you do so within 6 months of the expiration.
- We purchased access to some of EDGT's online tutorials and tests for my institution. How do I get our instructors started using EDGT Online?
Use the instructions for instructor registrations sent to you when you initially purchased the tutorial(s). If you cannot locate these instructions, just e-mail us and we will e-mail them to you.
- What is the difference between Instructor-Access-Keys and Student-Access-Keys?
Access-Keys are only used to register a user with EDGT and in the process of initially setting up your account. Instructor-Access-Keys should only be used by instructors. Student-Access-Keys are given to students by their instructors in order for them to register with EDGT. This key links a student to his/her instructor.
- As a student, how will EDGT Online benefit me?
It will help you learn a great deal of information that you may need to help you pass state boards and then function legally, ethically, and excellently as a registered nurse.
- Do you have hard-copy instructions available to help instructors and students use EDGT Online?
Yes, you receive these hard copies by e-mail and by mail once you purchase any tutorials or tests from EDGT. If you lose these, we can always e-mail or mail you the instructions at any time. You can also download these instructions in the "Documents" area after you log into EDGT.
- What browsers does EDGT support?
EDGT supports popular browsers such as:
Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. However, if you are using an older version of these browsers, you may experience some difficulties, or the tutorial pages may not display correctly. To avoid this problem, we recommend you use the browser check utility featured on this page.
- What are the minimum system requirements?
Make sure you are meeting our system requirements as outlined below:
If you are using a Mac, we recommend Safari (which comes with the Mac), or Chrome which can be downloaded free of charge from www.mozilla.org.
If you are a PC user, our website requires that you use Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher, a minimum screen resolution of 800x600, pop-up windows and cookies enabled, and the Content Advisor in Internet Explorer disabled while you are using the EDGT website.
Steps for installing and using Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher (for PC users) to access the EDGT website:
- If you currently have open a browser other than Internet Explorer, minimize it. Then launch Internet Explorer (whichever version is currently on your computer) by double-clicking the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop.
- Click on Help on the browser's menu, and then click About Internet Explorer in order to see which version of Internet Explorer you have.
- If your version of Internet Explorer is NOT 6.0 or higher, then download the latest version of Internet Explorer from Microsoft's website:
- Go to the Microsoft website at www.microsoft.com.
- Click Downloads on the menu bar.
- In the Windows column, click Internet Explorer.
- The Internet Explorer web page will appear. Follow the instructions there to download the version of Internet Explorer that is appropriate for your operating system. This download is free of charge.
- I'm having trouble logging into EDGT. What's going on?
Inability to log-in due to the blocking of cookies:
Make sure your browser is allowing cookies from the EDGT website. EDGT cookies are required for the proper operation of the EDGT website. Check the help section of your browser or follow the appropriate procedure below. Please Note: Even if your browser is set up properly to allow cookies, cookies may be blocked by other programs on your computer such as a firewall or anti-cookie software.
Instructions for the Internet Explorer browser - Enabling cookies for EDGT:
Instructions to enable cookies in Internet Explorer depend on the version of Internet Explorer that you are using. There is a web page on the Internet that describes the instructions to enable cookies for the various versions of Internet Explorer. Follow those instructions, except where it says to type in timeanddate.com for the Address of website, type in edgt.com instead. The link to the web page is: http://www.timeanddate.com/custom/cookiesie.html
Instructions for the FireFox browser - Enabling cookies for EDGT:
On the browser's menu (at the top of the browser's window) click Tools, then click Options, then click the Privacy icon at the top of the Options window, then click the Exceptions... button for cookies, then type in edgt.com for the "Address of website:", then click the Allow button, then click the Close button. Then click the OK button in the Options window.
Inability to log-in due to old cached pages and old cookies:
You may be unable to login due to old cookies and/or old cached pages in Internet Explorer. To clear these, follow the instructions below:
- Double click the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop to launch Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools on the browser's menu and then click on Internet Options on the drop down menu.
- Click Settings under Browsing history.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Click the radio button in front of Every time I visit the webpage. Then click the OK button. This clears cached files from your computer and makes sure you have the latest version of the website.
- You should now be back at the Internet Options box. Under Browsing history you will see a Delete... button. Click on that button and in the new box that opens, uncheck all the little boxes except for the little box next to Cookies (to uncheck a little box, simply click on a little checked box). After you make sure the Cookies box is checked and all the others are unchecked, click on the Delete button at the bottom to delete old cookies. Then click OK to close the Internet Options box/window.
Turning off the Content Advisor:
To disable or turn off the Content Advisor in Internet Explorer:
- Double click the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop to launch Internet Explorer.
- Up near the top of the Internet Explorer window, click on the word Tools in the browser's menu. Then click on Internet Options at the bottom of the dropdown box.
- Click the Content Tab. This is where you can enable or disable the Content Advisor.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You must make sure your Content Advisor is disabled. Adding the EDGT website to the Approved Sites list of the Content Advisor will not work.
- Does EDGT support tablets and mobile devices?
Currently, we do not officially support tablets and mobile devices. EDGT was originally designed for desktop browsers. Unofficially, however, tablets such as iPad, and mobile devices such as iPhone seem to run EDGT without issues. If you are experiencing difficulties using a particular tablet or mobile device, contact technical support and we will try our best to help solve your problem but it may be outside the scope of our original design.