Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The learning goal of this online tutorial is to help healthcare professionals recognize this disorder and its impact on clients, families, and the community, and to promote treatment strategies that enhance the health and wellness of clients dealing with this disorder.
This tutorial was designed for healthcare professionals in any specialty area who work with clients experiencing obsessive-compulsive disorder. It can be used by students in nursing educational programs, nurses in refresher courses, continuing education, and in-service programs, or by nurses in clinical practice who wish to update their knowledge of this disorder.
The content is divided into seven modules as follows:
- Module 1: Description of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Module 2: Incidence, Risk Factors, and Possible Causes
- Module 3: Diagnosing Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Module 4: Prognosis and Complications of OCD
- Module 5: Treatment Interventions for OCD
- Module 6: Client Care Issues and Nursing Implications
- Module 7: Test Bank for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructor can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Describe obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Identify risk factors for and possible causes of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Discuss the incidence of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Review the integral parts of a good physical and mental health assessment.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Identify diagnostic criteria for obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Recognize issues that influence the prognosis of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Identify complications of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Discuss treatment strategies for obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Discuss drugs used in the treatment regimen of clients with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Describe pertinent client care considerations when working with obsessive-compulsive disorder clients.
- Using the nursing process, describe the role of the nurse in promoting wellness in clients with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)