Return To Products
Online Tutorial Details:
The overall goal of this online tutorial is to help nurses implement strategies to reduce infections in the healthcare setting. It is intended for students and practitioners of the nursing profession who wish to improve their ability to initiate appropriate infection control strategies.
This tutorial is divided into eight modules. The first module discusses the problem of hospital- acquired infections (HAIs). Modules 2 through 7 discuss specific types of HAIs which may occur in hospitalized patients and suggests evidenced based strategies that will deter or decrease the risk of patients acquiring these infections. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: The Problem of Hospital-Acquired Infections
- Module 2: Hand Hygiene
- Module 3: Surgical Site Infections
- Module 4: Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections
- Module 5: Catheter-Related Bloodstream Infections
- Module 6: Hospital-Acquired Pneumonia
- Module 7: Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
- Module 8: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructors can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Discuss the problem of hospital-acquired infections.
- Describe appropriate hand hygiene interventions.
- Discuss the problem of surgical site infections.
- Identify ways to reduce the risk of catheter-associated urinary tract infections.
- Identify strategies to reduce the incidence of central venous catheter-related bloodstream infections.
- Describe ways to reduce the risk of hospital-acquired pneumonia.
- Describe strategies to reduce the risk of ventilator-associated pneumonia.
Evaluate it before you buy!
Preview this complete online tutorial and its tests for free! You can order the 30-Day Free Evaluation in the Products area of our website. With this free evaluation, you can see if this online tutorial meets the learning needs of your students.
License and Pricing:
The purchase price includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of one year. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)