Return To Products
30 Day Evaluation Details:
The overall instructional goal of this online tutorial is to teach nursing students and practicing nurses the essential elements for the safe delegation of nursing care and then help users apply these concepts in a variety of healthcare settings. In addition, the tutorial demonstrates how to properly implement the delegation process using a nursing process framework. Clinical situations are used extensively throughout the tutorial to provide synthesis and application of the content to patient care.
This tutorial contains six modules. The first two modules are instructional. The third and fourth modules are activities that provide practice using the information learned in the first module. Students are presented many clinical situations requiring the application of critical thinking and problem solving skills. The fifth module contains three practice tests that review the many practice items and situations included in the first three modules. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: The Delegation Process
- Module 2: Barriers to Effective Delegation
- Module 3: Practice Activity: Did a violation of one of the Five Rights occur?
- Module 4: Practice Activity: To Delegate or Not to Delegate?
- Module 5: Practice Activity: A Review of Practice Items and Situations
- Module 6: Test Bank
At the completion of this tutorial, learners should be able to:
- Describe the five rights of the delegation process.
- Describe how a state’s nurse practice act and a healthcare worker’s job description are used in the delegation process.
- List four factors regarding patient circumstances that must be considered when delegating a task.
- List three ways to determine if a delegate is competent.
- Describe the characteristics of effective communication.
- Describe the use of initial directions, periodic inspection, and evaluation with feedback while supervising a delegate.
- Apply the nursing process to the implementation of the delegation process.
- Describe the responsibilities of the individual who delegates and the individual to whom tasks are delegated.
- List five common barriers to effective delegation and describe ways to reduce or eliminate these barriers.
- Apply critical thinking and delegation theory to a variety of clinical situations.
License and Pricing:
You can enjoy this tutorial free for 30 days. A fully licensed purchase of this tutorial includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of three years. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)